Best central air brand?

Old 06-20-16, 05:46 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Best central air brand?

Most contractors in my area installs Lennox. I've heard from a few friends who avoid them at all cost. Are they really that bad or are the reviews you read online have to be taken w/ a grain of salt?

I was leaning towards either an American Standard but the good installers are hard to find. The ones that do have "ok" ratings on Angieslist

Old 06-20-16, 06:32 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Welcome to the forums! I am not an A/C pro, but have had experience and may can answer your questions. On the forums, you will not find us bashing a particular brand, so aside from that, we may can recommend what we have had experiences with.

I have a Trane XL15i unit and could not be more satisfied. Here are the reasons beyond its cooling/heating capabilities. The exhaust is out the perimeter of the top. The top is solid. I had problems with freezing rain/sleet depositing on the fan blades on a former unit, so when the unit came on, it slung ice nuggets through the cooling fins. Not pretty. The fan is a gossamer type and turns very slowly, almost to the point of being slightly less than silent. It has double coils for efficiency.

Maybe some of the others will chime in with more help.

I would seriously look for a local installer. After all, those lists may send you someone from 100 miles away to do the job. Will he do your warranty work? Will he do your routine maintenance? I think a local person would be a better choice, besides profiting the local economy.

Old 06-20-16, 09:48 AM
C
Received 7 Upvotes on 7 Posts
I think a good installer is much more important than the brand name. (let's see what other people will say.. )

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: