Carrier Infinity - Filter Change Interval?

Old 07-04-16, 10:36 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Carrier Infinity - Filter Change Interval?

Hi all,

I have a pretty simple question this time. I have a Carrier Infinity system and I do change the filter regularly. This is not a dusty environment, no pets, and the house is I'd say medium sized. I have been using Filtrete Healthy Living Elite, (MPR 2200). It seems the filter change interval comes up on the stat every 2-3 weeks, not every 3 months. Is this a setting somewhere? Or does this system have some sort of way of knowing when it needs changed? The fan is not constantly running and I am not noticing restricted airflow (at least in the form of condensation or ice build up).

BTW - Have there been any recent developments that would allow me to use 3rd party thermostats (such as Nest)? I know Infinity is proprietary protocol that no one else can control, which seems silly.

Old 07-08-16, 08:50 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
LOL just use common sense, go pull the filter and take a look through the media while holding it up to a strong light, now compare that to a brand new unused filter. If not dirty do not waste your time or money. Most pleated filters will actually last 4 to 6 months unless there is a dust problem inside your crib.

Old 07-08-16, 09:52 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 17 Votes on 14 Posts
That system reads the external static pressure. Your highly restrictive air filter is probably causing the static pressure to exceed 1" water column external static pressure. If this proves to be the case you can add another return air to that system or use a less restrictive air filter.

You can view the E.S.P. on the older monochrome model. I suspect that is it also available on the newer color touch screen models.

Which thermostat do you have?

Advanced ( 10 seconds) / Checkout / AC is the path on the older model.

I believe the the path is almost the same on the touch screen.
Baseball cap ( for 10 seconds) / Checkout/ AC is the path for the newer touchscreen model.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: