Replacing a discontinued variable speed blower fan motor

Old 05-02-19, 01:42 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Replacing a discontinued variable speed blower fan motor

I have an ICP Furnace from 2003. The indoor blower fan stopped working. I replaced the control board with no success. I think I need a new fan motor, since the capacitor seems to be fine. The model number of my furnace is NFCV3600C4 and the style is FCV3600C. The part number of the blower fan motor is 1012478. It's a variable speed 1/2HP, 230v motor. It isn't in stock anywhere I can find. I found one on ebay (https://www.ebay.com/itm/ICP-Day-Nig...8/122707262070), but it says the seller is on vacation (and has since this winter). I've found a few universal fan motors that fit the HP, voltage, amp, etc specs, but they say X13 and I know I have a variable speed motor. Can I replace a variable speed motor with an x13 motor? Alternatively, can anyone point me to where I might be able to find a variable speed motor with the same specs that could be used as a substitution? Or maybe there's a way to fix my motor? I'm pretty handy and don't want to purchase a whole new furnace.

Old 05-02-19, 02:05 PM
Group Moderator
Received 4,138 Upvotes on 3,716 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

There is a varistor (MOV) that can burn up in the base of some of those motors.
Google X13..... there are tons of videos on you tube working on them.

With an electronic motor..... there is no substituting. It needs to mach your systems programming.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: