Indoor unit not blowing hot air

Old 12-09-23, 05:25 AM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Indoor unit not blowing hot air

Hi,

I have a Toshiba Shorai Edge unit, and ever since I bought it, it's been having this problem where in heating mode, after some time the outdoor unit keeps working and the indoor unit is not blowing any hot air inside. It stalls and stays like this for hours.

Please note that the weather is not icy or snowy, it's around 5-6C [41F] and it happens with/without rain, although much more often when rain is encountered.

From the repairmen, the feedback was that they changed the indoor unit's electronic board (it was not the fault), checked the outside unit's refrigerant levels (they were ok), so the only suspicion left is some kind of problem with the reversing valve?

Does anyone have some other ideas or has encountered this problem before?

I have documented this on youtube also, there are english captions to both the videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsHK..._channel=Filix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9hS..._channel=Filix

Thank you in advance.

Old 12-09-23, 12:35 PM
Group Moderator
Received 4,154 Upvotes on 3,730 Posts
Welcome to the forums from Europe.

That is not a system I've worked with or are familiar with. I don't see much tech info available here in the States. Do you have the model number for the system ?

With a typical heat pump system the larger copper line is cold during cooling and is hot during heating. Check your lines. If it's not hot the compressor is not working properly or there may be a reversing valve problem.

The inside unit would not be blowing a lot of air if the coil wasn't warmer than the room.

Old 12-09-23, 03:33 PM
I
It looks like the outdoor unit is working correctly since, after a restart, the indoor coil heats up. If the indoor unit isn't dispersing the heat through the room, the coil will continue to heat, pressure will build and the outdoor pressure sensor will trip, shutting off the compressor. Is the blower working on the indoor unit? Is the filter clogged? To get some heat, you could try running a separate fan to try to draw heat off the coil. This will cool the coil, condense refrigerant and drop the pressure, hopefully fixing the problem until you can get the blower fixed if that's the problem.

Old 12-09-23, 06:48 PM
Group Moderator
Received 4,154 Upvotes on 3,730 Posts
This is a ductless split unit.
Per the OP.... the outside compressor is not shutting down.

If we assume they checked the charge correctly.... the reversing valve is suspect.
Possibly something plugging it causing it not to switch completely as you said it's always been this way.

If the unit is under warranty it may be best to get another tech.

Old 12-12-23, 04:50 AM
F
Hi,
Sorry for not claryfing, unit is RAS-B13J2KVSG-E.

In order to maybe clarify a bit further, I have made another video in which I compare two exact Toshiba Shorai Edge RAS-B13J2KVSG-E units, which are both are installed in two neighbouring houses, so the outdoor temperatures are the same, the indoor settings are set the same.

This video was basically as a test to see if my unit had a mismatch of refrigerant levels (because latest news from the store came back with a suspicion of this even though at first it was not a suspect) - in my case it was installed by a privately contracted worker, and in the second case it's installed by store personnel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xsH..._channel=Filix

The problem still persists, just posting this comparison video in case someone with the same unit can somehow benefit and compare consumptions or the way it works under high load.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: