Improve Basement "waterproofing system"

Old 04-12-16, 02:04 PM
B
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Improve Basement "waterproofing system"

I bought a house last fall and one of my spring cleaning projects is to make sure the basement waterproofing system is up to snuff. I have attached a picture of the vinyl flashing that was installed at some point (previous owner did not know when it was done). All around the edge of the flashing you can see a little moisture but no major leaking around the flashing even during heavy rains. The second picture in the album shows a piece of wood or vinyl trim glued to the wall/floor.

Is that an acceptable method to keep the water/moisture from seeping in? Anything else I should do to make sure that this system is in good working order? Any way I can improve it without spending a lot of money?

Basement - Album on Imgur

Old 04-12-16, 02:39 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,177 Likes on 1,135 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Those pictures are on the inside? Waterproofing starts on the outside by keeping the water away in the first place with gutters, downspout extensions and grading. How do those things look at your house?

Old 04-12-16, 02:49 PM
B
Yes they are on the inside. All my downspouts go directly into the sewer. One of the first things I did was build up a steeper grade away from the house in the back. I was told that they did do waterproofing on the outside but have no way to prove that other than dig down till I see it.

Old 04-13-16, 12:26 PM
B
another question. I have a few small cracks in my basement floor whats the best way to seal those?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: