Leaking Room Under Garage.

Old 05-23-18, 11:32 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Leaking Room Under Garage.

I have a room under the garage with the plan one day to build a killer movie room! But right now its a awesome splash pad. I am getting water leaking from the top of the wall (I will add pictures) When we 1st got the house I made the seller "FIX" said issues and they did what I thought would work and didn't think about it. Well here we are a few years later and it's not fixed. When it rains it will leak SOMETIMES which is hard cause it doesn't happen everytime. I would love if anyone had any help in this matter.

Attached Images     
Old 05-23-18, 11:36 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Since ripping up the driveway again would suck... Could a option be building a drain on the wall into a sump pump and just build the wall back a little (yes I would lose some SQ Feet) but then I would have a safety net?

Old 05-23-18, 07:58 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,330 Votes on 1,229 Posts
It is extremely rare to have a room under the garage. That garage floor needs to be extremely strong.

I'm not a pro in this field. Just looking around. I see before and after pictures. The before picture looks like they sporadically applied tar to the foundation. Then they poured a concrete driveway ?

Can we assume it's the wall under the garage door that is leaking ?
When it rains..... is there any water on the concrete apron just in front of the garage ?
It should be pitched so all water runs away from the house.
Is there a gutter over that garage door ?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: