Basement shower install

Old 10-27-18, 01:21 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Basement shower install

I installed a stand up shower in my basement, no where to run a vent so it just steams into the basement and I open the window next to the shower and have a dehumidifier near it. is it okay to finish the small gaps between the wall and the shower or should I leave it exposed so condensation doesnt get trapped back there and mold? the cinder block walls were painted with drylock and sprayed over with a mold prevention spray but it will only last so long.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-18, 02:40 PM
Received 14 Votes on 12 Posts
Can't help much without pictures. See if you can upload one that will better describe your situation. Photos must be resized down for web quality, go to advanced and hit the paperclip icon to attach photos. Easy to do from a laptop.

Old 10-27-18, 06:17 PM
H
Ill take a photo when I get home later but for now imagine a standing shower built 1 inch away from cinder block, I'm wondering if I can block off that gap so it looks finished or does that gap need to breathe. I live in Ohio so the walls are cold in the winter and when the shower runs it creates condensation on the block.

Old 10-28-18, 01:19 PM
H
As you can see in the picture, its only about a 1 inch gap. Id like to finish it off more cleanly so that brings me back to my original question, does that gap need to breathe?

Attached Images