Wood blinds tilt mechanism repair

Old 06-11-16, 11:18 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 5 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Wood blinds tilt mechanism repair

The tilt mechanism for my horizontal blinds is broken. I'm not sure if you can make it out in the pictures, but there is a little hexagon bushing with teeth that lines the hole of the piece shown. The main rod goes through this and when you pull on the tilt strings, the rod turns the little hexagon piece which uses the teeth to turn the tilt mechanism.

The little hexagon bushing piece broke and now the blinds won't tilt.

It doesn't look like a replacement bushing - if there are available to begin with - can be inserted into the hole. It looks like I need to buy a whole new piece. Unless anyone thinks there is a way to repair this as it is.

If so: What are you thoughts. If not, anyone know where I can find a replacement part for this?

Old 06-11-16, 12:26 PM
C
Received 169 Upvotes on 137 Posts
You won't be able to replace just the bushing, but the entire tilt unit can be replaced. If you search for wood blind parts you will find several sites specializing in replacement parts. If you know the manufacturer it will help, but the sites have pretty good pictures of the roughly bazillion different styles to help you get the right one. Pay attention to details as many look alike. In particular, the tilt rod comes in several sizes and shapes and the tilt mechanism must match the rod you have, in addition to matching the other features and dimensions. Good luck!

Old 06-12-16, 04:26 AM
Received 12 Upvotes on 11 Posts
That looks like a "Made in China" blind. Unlikely that you will find a replacement part.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: