How To Take Down Faux Wood Blinds

Old 11-01-19, 01:47 PM
D
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
How To Take Down Faux Wood Blinds

Greetings All:
I am getting ready to paint the kitchen and a few other rooms in my house, but am a little unsure about how to take down the blinds without damaging them. The top rail housing has a snap on cap on each end and they don't just pull off. They are hard plastic so I am worried about cracking or snapping them. There is also a metal "bracket" that peeks out just below the bottom of the housing, about 2 inches in from the sides on each end. I tried to take down the kitchen one when I first moved in to restring it because they were shortened incorrectly and I have to stare at the ugly job quite a lot since it is in front of the sink. I'll do that now too. Attached is a photo of one of the blinds.

Name:  blind.jpg
Views: 1270
Size:  56.5 KB

Last edited by PJmax; 11-01-19 at 02:24 PM. Reason: resized/labeled picture
Old 11-01-19, 02:25 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,949 Upvotes on 3,542 Posts
I'm fairly certain you need to push down on the clips where the red arrow is.
There should be one at each end of the blind.

Old 11-01-19, 02:33 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,910 Upvotes on 1,716 Posts
I'd suggest you pull the blinds all the way up... Then grasp the wad of blinds and move it out of the way so that you can look behind. Then snap a photo of that bracket behind there if you can.

Old 11-01-19, 04:01 PM
D
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Thank you for the help! @PJMax there is a clip/bracket on each end, but I did not attempt a removal now because it's dark with no convenient outdoor light to help with the task. @XSleeper attached is a photo of the clip/bracket taken from below & behind.

Attached Images  
Old 11-01-19, 04:19 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,910 Upvotes on 1,716 Posts
Yes you just need to push on that tab with the red arrow and as you do, roll the blind down in back. It is clipped in front, so as you roll the bottom down it will eventually come unhooked. You might need a second person to help you because you about need 3 hands to push both tabs at the same time... While rolling the back of the blind cartridge down.

Try doing them one at a time... Roll it enough to get one side started. Then start the other side. Once both sides are started you can then grasp it with both hands and roll it out of there.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: