warmflow 70 utility combi HE issues... help needed with diagnosis

Old 12-30-17, 06:10 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Angry warmflow 70 utility combi HE issues... help needed with diagnosis

Hi everyone

weve had ongoing problems with our warmflow oil fired boiler,

the current issue is the low pressure warning and lockout lamps are lit. i checked pressure and appeared fine so bypassed the low pressure switch which had temporarily resolved the pressure issue. it ran fine for an hour now only the water pumps are running, burner not attempting to fire, no fan etc. any ideas what to check?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-17, 06:30 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,187 Votes on 1,098 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

You should put non-U.S. in your bio. As this is predominantly a North American based site.... we may not be able to help you as that unit is designed and sold in the UK marketplace.

You can't bypass and leave bypassed sensor switches. They are there for a reason. Apparently you had a low pressure issue and it looks like you still do. These types of units should be serviced yearly. Has that been done ? Some one may be able to help you here. If not you'll need to check with a local tech in your area.

Old 12-30-17, 07:31 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
hi thanks for your reply,

sorry, I put UK in my profile, there was no mention of this site being predominantly USA.

re the switch, i have since drained and refilled the system again and the pressure guage is working correctly so the low pressure switch is faulty ior crud stuck in it. water came out black when i drained system down so no suprise there.

i will change the switch over tuesday. can't get one earlier unfortunately due to bank hol weekend.

there has been an update, left boiler off for an hour turned it back on and it fired up for 5 minutes then went off again, refused to fire up again as it did before.

any ideas anyone? something must be tripping out