Infloor Radiant Heat

Old 01-11-18, 06:07 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Infloor Radiant Heat

I have 2 Zones in my one level bungalow, this morning when I got up I noticed that 1 Zone that uses a Digital Round Thermostat T8775A 1017 non-programmable model was not calling for heat. Thermostat was set at 21.5 actual room temp was 20. I tried adjusting the dial up to 22 waited for a few mintues and nothing happened (wasn't calling for heat). So checked other zone thermostat which is the older dial type, all is good. Lots of hot water also. Went to utility room and located the Zone Value for the non-working thermonstat (see image below of zone values, 1 per zone). Tried to slide the small lever on top of the zone value to see if it would run in manual/open but couldn't quite get it to move, likely doing it wrong and after a few attempts of trying to move the handle I heard a click and all is now working again. Only touched the lever on top nothing else. Never slide the handle just moved it slightly and it came on. Its still calling for heat as of this post question is what is the likely cause of this. Dust/dirt in the zone value etc. Surely its not something that simple as dust or dirt as it just stopped calling for heat on its own while we were sleeping. If it is just that would blowing the inside from the top with a can of compressed air be useful or would this cause other issues. Thanks for any input.

https://www.alpinehomeair.com/relate...uct%20Data.pdf

Attached Images  
Old 01-11-18, 08:38 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
If you just slightly move the manual valve control lever and it started working....... it sounds like the motor part of the valve may be going bad. That looks like the type where just the head can be changed instead of the entire valve.

Old 01-12-18, 05:53 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks Pete, good place to start.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: