Baseboard hearing running water sound in heating pipes

Old 01-15-18, 08:21 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Baseboard hearing running water sound in heating pipes

Hi, everyone. I am very glad that I found this website. Please help me with the heating issue.

I have been hearing running water sound in the baseboard heating pipes a few weeks after a plumber worked on the boiler to replace an electrical part controlling on/off switch. Since then, I have to increase the temp to keep the home warm compare to the last couple weeks where I did not have any problems. We have two levels, 1st floor and 2nd floor. The boiler is located on the 2nd floor. There are two separate thermostats to control each floor.

So there must be air inside the pipes but it seems that my plumber does not know which valve to let out air. He said one valve is used to let out air for the first floor but does not know how to let out air for the second floor pipes.

Water pressure is at 15.

I attached some photos. Would anyone of you can help me? I have elderly parents and two kids. Any help is appreciated.

Attached Images       
Old 01-15-18, 08:53 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

In the second to last picture..... is that the pressure tank for the boiler in the bottom left of the picture ?
I don't see any air type bleed system around your boiler.
Any more devices up close near the ceiling ?

Old 01-15-18, 09:04 AM
J
Thanks for your reply.

I am not familiar with a boiler system but we have a separate tankless water heater so that grey tank must be the pressure tank?

I attached two more photos. I do see a valve right under the blue knob. So one value can release air for both floors?

Attached Images   
Old 01-15-18, 09:10 AM
J
More photos toward the ceiling

Attached Images   
Old 01-17-18, 02:56 AM
J
Anyone? I would appreciate if you can help me out. Thanks!

Old 01-17-18, 03:32 AM
V
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JamesNYC
". . . my plumber does not know which valve to let out air. He said one valve is used to let out air for the first floor but does not know how to let out air for the second floor pipes . . ."
This must have been a telephone call . . . . he would be able to locate the Vents if he were on Site ?

Did someone shut off the water at the boiler supply or Pressure Reducing Valve ?

If the supply line is open, you should be able to bleed any air from Vents located at the high points of the Baseboard on each floor . . . . hopefully while the Boiler is temporarily shut off to give the air bubbles an opportunity to accumulate at those high points Which are usually in a corner.

Last edited by Vermont; 01-17-18 at 04:26 AM. Reason: Fixed HTML

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: