System 2000 - Wireless Thermostat - C Wire

Old 11-10-18, 10:15 AM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
System 2000 - Wireless Thermostat - C Wire

I have a System 2000 EK1 with the older "classic" controller. 5 zones plus hot water. Digital thermostats heat-only, but it's all 2-wire. All the whites are bundled on terminal A2 and the reds are on the Tx's. See photo. Because of the difficulty fishing wires to move one particular thermostat, I'd like to replace it with either the Honeywell YTH6320R1001 or the Braeburn 7500 wireless kits. In looking at the specs for them (see photos), I think the most basic wiring will require a red, white, and C common to the control module. Any advice on how to do this with my setup? Thanks.

Attached Images    
Old 11-11-18, 03:38 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,421 Votes on 1,314 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Really...... all this work instead of moving the wiring.
The diagram shows the connections to the EIM. You will need to disconnect the current wire from the proper T terminal and connect the white from the EIM in its place.

Name:  ek1.JPG
Views: 684
Size:  55.1 KB

Old 11-11-18, 08:06 PM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks for responding. I appreciate it. No, I really have a good reason for not moving the existing thermostat wiring. This is worth it believe me. I think the difference in the diagram you attached is that the transformer on my system isnt wired to A1 and A2. It goes instead White to A2 and Black to the B terminal below A2.

Old 11-11-18, 08:18 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,421 Votes on 1,314 Posts
I don't know what was done there. I went strictly by the install manual. Whatever common terminal is used for one half of all the stats must be the red. The white goes to the zone. The C wire is the opposite transformer lead.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: