Universal Spark Igniter for Hydronic Gas Boiler

Old 11-30-18, 01:33 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Universal Spark Igniter for Hydronic Gas Boiler

Hi,
I have quite of few properties with all different brand of Hydronic Gas Boilers. e.g. Utica, Crown, Burnham, Peerless. Also, I have couple of Gas Furnace for Hot Air.

Is there any Universal Spark igniter I can purchase ahead of time which I can utilize if anything goes wrong. I like to be proactive with some of the parts so I do not end up with spending too much money in emergency also, I have parts readily available instead of waiting for any store.

Currently I already have surface igniter which I keep in stock for one of my boiler. But I have couple of boiler which has Spark igniter and instead of stocking every brand/boiler specific I like to have one or two Universal which I can use for future ?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Hot-Surf...-000/204103775

Old 11-30-18, 06:24 PM
G
Received 13 Votes on 13 Posts
A spark ignitor is a different animal than a hot-surface ignitor. I think you will need to search for replacements for each type of boilers you have - maybe there will be some overlap?

Old 11-30-18, 07:33 PM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Spark

https://www.supplyhouse.com/Honeywell-S8610U3009-Intermittent-Pilot-Control-4584000-p?gclid=Cj0KCQiA3IPgBRCAARIsABb-iGITdNvrR2CoEqYHXa3T89U0IozW1B-2reNDRtqnykfF9PrCtVi6w68aAiePEALw_wcB

Last edited by poorplmbr; 11-30-18 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 11-30-18, 11:02 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,316 Votes on 1,216 Posts
Unfortunately...... many control boards are model specific. In order to possibly find a common replacement you'd need to search each board you'd want to replace.

Hot surface igniters are definitely model specific. You may have two units that use the same one but if they are different there isn't a universal replacement igniter that would replace both.

Old 12-02-18, 05:20 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
@Pootplmr: Thank you. Honeywell S8610U3009 is exactly I was looking for. From what i understand, I can use this control in various boiler/Furnace where I can have PV/MPG/MV with single or two rod Spark igniter. If I have two rod igniterI can cut jumper wire and use it for second rod application.

Also it comes with Damper Input as well so If I have damper, it can accommodate it as well. If Damper is control by Aquastat, I can jump this input to get 24V.

So essentially this control can be used for any boiler which uses Damper or Not Damper, Single Rod Igniter, Two Rod Igniter.

I am not sure what else is required for any boiler which uses Intermittent Ignition Control. This control should able to accommodate any boiler with Intermittent Ignition Control. Am I right ?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: