How to fix my 'crumbling garage floor

Old 05-20-16, 12:27 PM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How to fix my 'crumbling garage floor

As you can see below, my garage floor is awful (has been like this since we moved in 4 years ago, though getting worse each year).

Any thoughts on the best (but also cost conscious) way to fix it?

Thanks!

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 960
Size:  51.0 KBName:  2.jpg
Views: 980
Size:  51.9 KBName:  3.jpg
Views: 939
Size:  52.5 KB

Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-16, 03:37 PM
Received 230 Votes on 205 Posts
If you into cheap then use TOP and Bond to skim over the area. It will last about 3 to 4 years. If you want like new floor there are professionals who can lay an epoxy coating over it. It's virtually resistant to almost everything. looks very good. Cost about $4000 to $6000 depending on size.

Old 05-20-16, 06:21 PM
M
Fortunately that floor looks very solid in the fact that has no cracks etc. The surface is just deteriorating. Norm gave you two good suggestions either of which will work. Not sure what you're looking for in the repair. If you just want it to look better and don't care if it remains rough you could buy some of the floor coating epoxy materials at the big box stores and paint it yourself with one of them. That would greatly reduce future deterioration.

Old 05-22-16, 09:29 AM
N
Thanks for all the advice! I'm going to investigate the top 'n bond as that seems like the best option for me.

Old 05-22-16, 04:58 PM
Received 230 Votes on 205 Posts
If you use Top & Bond there are two types. The red label and the green label. It depends on the depth of the fill needed. One draw back is usually you will mix just enough to cover about 3 to 4 square feet. Then mix another batch. Each mix will have a slightly different color depending how much water you use causing it to look patchy. To me it made no difference because I use my garage as a garage and do work in it like oil changes, carpentry and all kinds of rough work including storage of most all outside equipment.

Old 05-23-16, 11:40 AM
N
Thanks for the tip. Doesn't really matter to me about the color as it's just a garage... As long as I can get it smooth I'll be happy.