Concrete step help

Old 05-24-16, 01:58 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Concrete step help

Hello -

I have a concrete step going off my side door. The corner of it has deteriorated and chipped. In the attached picture, the corner is still on but at this point that has been removed for safety.

As you can see in the picture, it has somewhat detached on the sides against the ground and also against the house it is starting to come loose a bit.

How can I repair such a thing, or can I just get rid of it and replace it with wood somehow? Any advice would be welcome.

MarcinName:  Step.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  51.9 KB

Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-16, 04:18 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Chop out everything that's loose. Make a right angled form & mix some concrete mix with a bonding agent & fill the space. Leave the form in place for a few days.

Old 06-01-16, 05:52 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Based on the condition of the rest of the stoop, evidenced by thin cracking and moisture retention, I suspect more than just the corner needs repair. Check for delaminations by tapping with a steel hammer over the entire surface--differences in sound will indicate where delaminations are present. You might do best by removing and replacing the entire stoop with new concrete.