Concrete recipe for cast in place countertops

Old 07-12-16, 02:38 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Concrete recipe for cast in place countertops

As the subject states I'm looking for thoughts on a recipe for cast in place countertops using Sakrete or Quikrete 5000 bagged mixture.

By recipe I'm talking about admixture products such as water reducers / plasticizers, etc.

Is anyone using these with bagged cement mixtures and if so what is (was) your product(s) of choice and ratios?

Old 07-12-16, 03:29 PM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
Better to use ready mix made for the job. Example: https://www.quikrete.com/productline...helhoCFvvw_wcB

Old 07-13-16, 11:28 AM
I've seen the ready mix bags, but they come in at $50+ a bag. However, like anything else I'm sure I can roll my own using readily available products for a fraction of that price which is what I'm looking to do.

Old 07-13-16, 01:58 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
$50.00 sounds like an erroneous price for a bag of Sakrete. - Look around a bit. The standard bags off the shelf will more consistent than you can batch out.

The admixtures that you can purchase can be added to create your own unique recipe for good or bad. You may have to search a bit for the small amount of admixtures you will need.

Dick

Old 07-24-16, 02:38 PM
Believe it or not the price range for the prebagged countertop mix from Quikrete runs anywhere from $26.00 a bag up to $50+.

As for the admixtures and the amounts needed... that is exactly what I'm trying to figure out with this thread.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: