Help with concrete pad for shed

Old 10-15-16, 08:29 AM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Help with concrete pad for shed

I want to build a shed 8x10 approx at the back corner of my backyard garden. I would have to put a concrete pad down but currently the garden is on the raised part of the land which i am digging up for the pad and then adding retaining wall to be beside shed.
MY concerns are , how thick should the concrete be, and will there be drainage issues since the garden next to it will be slighter higher.
As shown in the pics the tree will be chopped down....

Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-16, 12:17 PM
S
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
this will be surprising,,, did you know most roads are also built on land that slopes ? that's why engineers specify cuts & fills,,, if forms are level & you've cut/fill'd properly, compacted the additional base material, & done everything else right, you'll have no trouble,,, i'd place 4" w/1 contraction jnt if it were mine,,, are you anticipating drainage issues because there's no swale ? ? ?

Old 10-15-16, 02:17 PM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
4" of concrete?
so whats the proper way to cut/fill'd properly, compacted the additional base material, so i know what to watch for and ask the contractors how they are gonna do it...

contractor came by its too costly to build... Have to build a wall around it cause neigbours land is higher too, for water not to keep coming in

Last edited by wantboost; 10-15-16 at 04:51 PM.