Removing basement window sash only.

Old 11-01-16, 10:45 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Removing basement window sash only.

Hello All. This is my first post, although I've been a member for quite a while. I had trouble finding how to start a new thread, so this might not be the right category. Sorry.

I need to remove only the sash out of one of my old hopper style basement windows that has a metal frame. This is because I'm going to be temporarily installing an exhaust fan in the opening, and will need to be able to reinstall the sash after I no longer need the exhaust.

I want to be clear on how to get it out before I remove it so there will be the least amount of time that there will be nothing in the opening, which would allow bugs and animals to enter.

I'm hoping that when I pull the window open, I can lift the sash out of it's track. Any ideas? Thanks.

Old 11-01-16, 11:50 AM
Group Moderator
Received 854 Votes on 782 Posts
We have no idea what sort of basement window you have so the picture would really help. Usually those Hopper windows need to be opened all the way then one side will pivot the other side will lift up and out.

Old 11-01-16, 01:24 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
basement sash

Yeah, you're right. I didn't think about that. I'll get a photo of it when I get home. But I think you're talking about the same kind I have. I'll give that a try first. Thanks.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: