Stamped concrete sealer appears patchy after winter

Old 05-01-17, 03:07 PM
C
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Stamped concrete sealer appears patchy after winter

I have stamped concrete near the pool area. Last spring, before the pollen season, I cleaned the concrete real well and removed the old sealant. Then I applied a very thin coat, allowed it to dry for one week and applied a second coat. The weather was very warm and the sealant dried pretty quickly (4-6 hours). No one stepped on the patio until 2 days later. This is the concrete around a swimming pool.

Skip ahead and closed the pool (concrete looked good all year long) and placed tarp over pool and also about 4' all the way around the pool edging. No problems with the surface through the winter.

Now, in the spring, It appears now that the sealer is blotchy all over. I do not know if the white parts (milky in appearance) is the old sealant or only what is left.

I am attaching some pictures? Is there any way to clean this up? I tried mold/mildew cleaner with no success. Or should I strip again and reseal and this will have to be a yearly project?

The first time the concrete was sealed, in the second year, this did not occur and the concrete cleaned up pretty well with a mild cleaner. This go around, the 4th year, 2nd time with sealant has caused some problems. Please advise.

Name:  IMG_3094.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  46.9 KB

Name:  IMG_3096.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  45.4 KB

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: