Drying time for asphalt sealer ?

Old 07-14-17, 10:43 AM
B
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Drying time for asphalt sealer ?

Iam brushing my own driveway that takes 15 -5 gallon cans of sealer.The lables are not removeable -they got on to that this year , They are sealed instructions and i can't stand on my head to read--or wait til sat to do this job. I just love PAINTING MY driveway YUK!! How long does it take to dry? 80 degrees today , Looks like its trying just since morning to dry.Safe to drive on. -------- is the term i should have used. Or WALK on--------Thank you bob s

Old 07-14-17, 11:31 AM
Received 1,210 Upvotes on 1,098 Posts
Nice day like that 24 hours!

Old 07-14-17, 11:57 AM
B
thank you Marq1 that will work for me . bob s

Old 07-14-17, 12:22 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
If the driveway is extra thirsty it can dry quicker, a well maintained driveway could take longer. I'd never put one back in use in less than 24 hrs if there was any choice. Foot traffic is always safe before vehicle traffic is.

Old 07-14-17, 02:06 PM
A
Received 73 Upvotes on 66 Posts
I don't know much about this, so not offering any opinion on how long to wait, but last Monday morning we started work at a business that had their driveways and parking lot top coated over the weekend. Nothing that we had anything to do with nor had any previous knowledge of, but I was apprehensive enough to ask about driving on it with our work trucks and was told "no worries". It was hot and humid that day, and around 10:00 or so we noticed that the sealant was sticking to tires of parked vehicles, not just ours but cars as well, and was stretching up like bubble gum or whatever when they started rolling. As far as I noticed, it released after stretching maybe 6-8", and plopped back down where it had come from, not leaving any exposed areas, but I can't help but think that it wasn't good for the long run. I'm sure it would be an inconvenience, but, after seeing that, I would want to give it a couple of days. I don't know, but maybe if you were just passing over it, into a garage or onto the lawn, with minimal turning, maybe it wouldn't stick as much as if you stopped and gave the tires time to settle into it.

Old 07-15-17, 05:11 AM
B
Gereat information guys.Its greatly appreciated- and adhered. to My drive was all but void of old sealer .Its drinking this stuff up! thanks again bob s

Old 07-19-17, 09:47 AM
B
broke down and let a company finish the sealer. Iam to old for this kinda work thanks to all who came forth with suggestions.NOW check out my new post "after the fact"stained curb suggestions in that one needed bob s

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: