Patio paver drainage help

Old 07-09-18, 12:01 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Patio paver drainage help

Hi guys, I am trying to build a patio paver right next to the house. I know that I have to slope it away from the house and I want to build it right up to the retaining wall. Looking at the picture, do you think rainwater drainage will be a problem if it slopes into the wall? If so, what can I do to make it less of a problem? Thanks!

Attached Images   
Old 07-09-18, 12:12 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,152 Upvotes on 1,927 Posts
The retaining wall will act as a dam. Water and dirt will collect there if the water cannot freely flow off the patio. One option is to raise the elevation of the patio so at the retaining wall the pavers are flush or slightly higher than the retaining wall.

Old 07-09-18, 12:16 PM
A
I thought about that but it's not possible because the edge directly across from the wall sits lower than the wall so the pavers that start from that side ultimately can't sit higher at a higher elevation. Other thoughts? Would I have to put in a channel drain near the wall?

Old 07-09-18, 12:19 PM
A
Or instead of sloping it all the way can I slope it and then flatten it a bit once it gets closer to the wall to keep it flush? Sorry for the dumb questions. It's the first time I've ever done this. Thanks so much!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: