Repairing Stamped Concrete Finish

Old 09-14-18, 12:06 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Repairing Stamped Concrete Finish

I bought a new house last summer that has a stamped concrete patio. This summer I've noticed a lot of very shallow chips and scratches in the finish. Most likely came from me trying to chip away a massive amount of ice that formed after some very heavy snow and then warm temps. I tried to be careful and didn't see an issue immediately but I assume I'm the culprit.

Anyways I want to repair these spots the best as I can and then reseal the entire patio.

The spots are very shallow, the depth of maybe a few sheets of paper. There is no color in these spots so I assume I need to find something I can add color to as well.

I've added 2 photos showing the typical damage. Some areas are smaller but it can be found in many spots.

There is also one thin crack that you can see in the photo and one spot where it looks like a rock popped out of the concrete where its a hole about the size of quarter and maybe half inch deep.

Any suggestions on how to repair is appreciated. FYI I haven't done any concrete work before so terms and products are probably going to be new to me.

Attached Images   
Old 09-14-18, 03:27 PM
Received 1,210 Upvotes on 1,098 Posts
Most likely came from me trying to chip away a massive amount of ice that formed after some very heavy snow
You probably chipped away the top layer of concrete that had the color so not much can be done for a repair.

I would contact the concrete guys and see if they can repair, I suggest just letting nature remove the ice in the future

Old 09-17-18, 07:33 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Actually found a product called Matchcrete. Looks to be a clear epoxy that you can color using concrete tinting. It can be used to fill holes and cracks. Might have to give it a try.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: