Product to cover flagstone?

Old 01-08-19, 04:31 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Product to cover flagstone?

I have a flagstone patio that sits over part of a basement. Water is seeping down around the flagstone and coming through the ceiling of the basement below. (It appears the builders (15yrs ago) put down a membrane below the stone, but all the water flows below the stone to the lowest point and pours through that spot into the basement). A couple years ago, I had a masonry team out: they patched the obvious gaps in grout which reduced the water, but it is increasing again. I’m looking for a product that can be put (poured?) down over the flagstone to eliminate all the seams that water seeps down, and give me a nice, solid surface. Does anyone have suggestions? Can epoxy go over flagstone? Concrete resurfacer? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Old 01-09-19, 12:17 AM
Received 1,210 Upvotes on 1,098 Posts
Your problem is the membrane not the material that is above it.

Flagstone, pavers, grass, anything you install at ground level is going to be porous and water will pass thru. Nothing you can pour on that will stop that process!

Going to need to pull it up and replace the membrane which is your primary sealing system!

Old 01-09-19, 02:11 AM
T
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
Pulling up pavers is ussually a pretty straightforward process. Then you can make the permanent fix replacing the membrane and even adding insulation if there is none.

Old 01-09-19, 02:12 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
I agree, also when sealer is applied to flagstone it becomes very slippery when wet!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: