How Much Cement Needed?

Old 05-05-23, 08:46 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
How Much Cement Needed?

Hi I have a 4 feet wide by 6 feet long and 3 inch deep hole to fill how many bags of concrete or cement will I need? Thanks !!!

Old 05-05-23, 08:54 AM
T
Received 72 Upvotes on 67 Posts
4' X 6' X 1/ 4' = 6 cubic feet (3"= 1/4')

6 cubic feet / .45 = 13.3 Bags 60lbs (each .45 cubic feet)

6 Cubic feet/ .6 = 10 Bags 80lbs (each .6 cubic feet)

I'd buy a couple extra just in case...

Old 05-05-23, 09:05 AM
T
Tumble Thanks, One other question, we are cementing this over because there are rats that started living under it the neighbors have Garbage cans out with No lids all the time. we cannot seem to get rid of them hence cementing over all the dirt. we have to dig to make it a 3 inch hole for the cement. will we be able to do this without a rat popping out at us. You guys that do cement work must have come across this predicament in the past . Any Advice would be Appreciated, Thank You

Old 05-05-23, 09:42 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,900 Upvotes on 1,706 Posts
Concrete calculators are readily available online. Just enter the size bag you are using.

Old 05-05-23, 10:24 AM
T
dx sleeper Thanks, but as mentioned>>> One other question, we are cementing this over because there are rats that started living under it the neighbors have Garbage cans out with No lids all the time. we cannot seem to get rid of them hence cementing over all the dirt. we have to dig to make it a 3 inch hole for the cement. will we be able to do this without a rat popping out at us. You guys that do cement work must have come across this predicament in the past . Any Advice would be Appreciated, Thank You

Old 05-06-23, 09:12 PM
T
Received 72 Upvotes on 67 Posts
Not sure what you mean when you say rats are living under "it". Sounds like you want to put in a concrete pad 3" deep 4'x6'. How does this relate to your rats?

Not a rat expert (try PAbugman ), but if rats would come up in hole through the dirt, I doubt they'd stick around as your digging. Hit them w/a shovel if they poke their heads up, I was able to kill a bunch that way once. They'll all scurry away as fast as they can, you can then continue to dig the pad.

That being said, putting some concrete on the ground won't stop rats from being around, unless I'm missing something from your description.

Old 05-07-23, 07:15 AM
P
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 109 Upvotes on 102 Posts
If you don't otherwise need the cement pad, then forget about it for now and focus on getting rid of the rats. These rats will go from a dirt roof to a cement roof. Rats live quite comfortably underneath cement pads, sidewalks, slabs, dog house pads, etc.
Bring the rodent problem to the pest control section so others can chime in their experiences, too. Describe the circumstances such as proximity to structures, foundations, etc. A pic or two can help set the perspective.

Old 05-07-23, 07:32 AM
T
Thanks but I am a Very Low income senior (disabled). Cannot afford cost of exterminators, besides my neighbors a few doors up as them too. they refuse to clean out their garbage can and keep lids on them, I can only do for my porperty what I can do!!!!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: