Cement overlay

Old 05-12-23, 04:31 PM
C
Received 351 Upvotes on 294 Posts
Cement overlay

My sidewalk is showing it's age. It is still sound but the concrete is boring white bread and it no longer matches other walkways and our new patio. I want to match a stamped concrete walk that I had done last year. I called the concrete guy and asked for a proposal to rip out my existing sidewalk and install a new matching stamped concrete walk.

He told me that it would be pricey but since my existing walk was in such good shape he could do a stamped overlay for a lot less money. I don't know anything about the overlay process other than it just coats existing concrete with an epoxy polymer cement mix. He assured me that he has been doing overlays for years with excellent results. FWIW this guy is local and his company has been in business locally for 40 years. He has done two other projects for me that I am very pleased with but I have reservations based mostly on ignorance on my part.

Does anyone here have experience with this process?

Old 05-13-23, 02:48 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 875 Upvotes on 766 Posts
I don't have any hands on experience with the stamped overlays but I've painted a dozen more homes where they stamped the driveway with no issues that I know of. I would think your sidewalk would be fine.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: