Laminate countertop with a diagonal corner base cabinet

Old 10-19-16, 06:24 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Laminate countertop with a diagonal corner base cabinet

Hi everyone.
We are in the middle of a kitchen redo. I got all the cabinets done and ready to order the countertop. I am planning on going with a laminate counter for budget reasons but I want the postformed edges so doing it myself isn't really an option.
My problem is that I have a diagonal corner base cabinet so a regular miter cut corner will leave a gap. I've called several places that sell custom postformed laminate countertops (although it seems that all these places just buy the countertop from vt industries) and none of them have a diagonal corner option. Googling turns up a lot of granite and solid surface counters with this feature but I can't seem to find laminate countertops like this.
Am I just out of luck and should have gone with a right angle corner cabinet?
Thanks in advance for your advice.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-16, 07:29 PM
C
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Can you give us a drawing or picture of what you are looking for?

Old 10-19-16, 11:11 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Yes, you need a 90° corner cabinet to install laminate, a diagonal won't work.
It will mean a delay, but the cabinet manufacturer might offer "face frame only" cabinets.
You would cut the diagonal cabinet and install the new frame. Any lazy Susan's might need changed also, you need pie shaped.
A face frame only shouldn't cost that much and can be shipped much faster than a cabinet. Frame only includes door and hinges.

Old 10-20-16, 07:45 AM
B
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
What about a diagonal wall cabinet that goes down to top of backsplash height. You'd need to check dimensions and probably do some custom fillers. I recall designing a kitchen when I was young that did this, but can't, for the life of me, recall the details.