Ikea Godmorgon cabinet - adjusting drawers

Old 03-09-17, 02:39 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ikea Godmorgon cabinet - adjusting drawers

I have an Ikea Godmorgon 4 drawer sink cabinet. The drawers work okay when you open 1 at a time, but rub when you open the top 2 or bottom 2 at the same time. Also, you can visibly see that the drawers are touching at the top of the drawer front and about 1/4" apart at the bottom of the drawer front when closed (for both sets of drawers). Just to be clear, I am calling the top 2 a set and bottom 2 a set.

I used the screw and allen wrench shown in the instructions trying to adjust them with no luck. Since there are 8 adjustment points I don't really know which and how I should be adjusting.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-17, 07:16 PM
The screw and allen wrench is for adjusting DF side to side only. Your slides are similar to Blum tandem motion.
The most important thing is to make sure the hooks at the back of the drawer slides are inserted into the holes in the back of the drawer.
The tilt (front to back) is adjusted with a little wheel or lever at the back of the slide, it moves the hook up and down.
The front of the drawer can also be adjusted up and down slightly. There are little levers under the slide at the very front.

Old 03-10-17, 05:49 AM
M
Thanks for the reply. I attached a picture. The hooks are inserted into the holes on the slides.

Name:  20170310_074010.jpg
Views: 3414
Size:  8.9 KB

(photo is not showing as it is on my computer. It is rotated for some reason and the top is the right side of the vanity)

I guess the issue is I understand what moves what but don't know what direction and what combination will straighten the drawers out. Is that tab you flip to move the drawer up and down have only two positions? I assume the left/right movement is shown by the piece in the U shaped thing above the allen wrench hole. I don't think I need the tilt adjustment as the drawer fronts seem to be plumb.

If I move left or right, since it moves the whole front, that won't fix the crookedness. Tilting it up didn't do it either.

I am surprised I am having problems as I installed a whole kitchen from Ikea and haven't had any problems (though the adjustments are slightly different).

Old 03-10-17, 06:39 AM
I don't work on Ikea cabinets. It looks like before you start fine tuning the drawer fronts, the cabinet needs leveled/shimmed.

It looks like the middle bottom of the cabinet is shimmed too high and maybe flexing the middle up. Use a level as a straightedge and check if the bottom is flat.

Name:  20170310_074010.jpg
Views: 2946
Size:  28.4 KB

Old 03-10-17, 07:47 AM
M
Yes, the cabinet is perfectly level.

Old 03-10-17, 08:32 AM
Is this cabinet hung from the wall?
The cabinet can be level but still racked out of shape. It looks like just pushing the middle down will straighten the vertical gaps.

Aligning the drawers will be hard. Start at the middle bottom. Move the drawer fronts up slightly on the inside slide and down on the outside slide.