toe kick replacement/repair

Old 04-01-17, 09:24 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
toe kick replacement/repair

We had new Kraftmaid cabinets installed a couple years ago. The toe kick paint started to peel after a year or so. Kraftmaid at first blamed it on water damage. However, they changed there mind after a couple more emails & were kind enough to send me the toe kick panels. Two 8' pieces, 1/8" thick.

Nice of them to send me the panels but I've no clue how to install them. They did recommend a bead of caulk to keep the moisture out. It seems like the current panels are in there solid. Not sure how I would remove them or even if I should. Can I just put the new panels over the old? If so, how should I attach them? Some sort of adhesive?

Thanks in advance,
Joe S.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-17, 09:27 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 74 Votes on 67 Posts
Not sure how they are installed but look at gluing them on to the old ones. Don't think you would have to take old ones off.

Old 04-01-17, 09:34 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wow fast reply! Yea looking at the edge by the dishwasher, there appears to be two layers.
OK GLUE IT! Make it three layers.
My local full service hardware store can direct me to the correct adhesive i'm sure.

THANKS!

Old 04-01-17, 10:04 AM
Group Moderator
Received 718 Votes on 664 Posts
If its in an area where the end of the toe kick is visible / noticeable, remove other layers first. Then glue them on (adhesive), with a brad nail or two to help hold it into the glue.