Locating veneer for older kitchen cabinets


Old 05-29-17, 12:39 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 1
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Locating veneer for older kitchen cabinets

Name:  P_20170529_152940_vHDR_On[1].jpg
Views: 150
Size:  14.9 KBName:  P_20170529_152949_vHDR_On[1].jpg
Views: 159
Size:  15.1 KB

This thin trim laminate used to be sold by Rockler. I had thought "Oh, it will always be around..." But now, the demand for these repairs on old cabinets, etc. may have slipped and the supplier / manufacturer is now a mystery. Who still makes / sells this stuff?

Thank you,
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-17, 04:26 PM
Handyone's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: U.S.
Posts: 5,451
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
It looks like the doors are RTF, rigid thermofoil. The RTF would be too difficult to apply.
You could trim off the end and glue on a new real oak piece or try thin wood veneer.
The doors also might be reversible, left and right. If they're reversible you can fix the damage and try to hide it at the bottom.

I would replace the doors, here's a link to a site I've used:
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: