cabinet filler that folds over

Old 08-02-17, 01:16 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 24
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
cabinet filler that folds over

I need to put a filler of about 3"W and was wondering what would be a way to install it, so it folds over inwards, so one can access main box if necessary. Showing pictures of general idea but open for other options.
Please attach pictures with instructions, I'm not really that capable
Attached Images   
Old 08-02-17, 01:37 PM
XSleeper's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 27,314
Received 1,977 Upvotes on 1,772 Posts
If you are trying to put a door over your electrical panel, I would suggest you make a face frame out of 1x2 (assemble with pocket screws on the back side) shoot it onto the surface of the wall, then mount a cabinet door on the face frame that will open outward.

If I misunderstood you then I have no idea what you are doing. Take a few steps back and give us an overall picture of what you are trying to do and maybe a better description.
Old 08-02-17, 06:49 PM
Tolyn Ironhand's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: United States
Posts: 14,491
Received 915 Upvotes on 773 Posts
so one can access main box if necessary.
Electrical panels are required to be "readily accessible" Meaning that they can be accessed without the use of tools. Also, panels are required to have a 30" wide clearance in front of the panel, however, the 30" does not need to be centered on the panel.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: