What is this bookshelf support called?


Old 08-24-17, 06:05 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 8
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
What is this bookshelf support called?

I just moved into a new house. The original owner built some very lovely bookcases, but there aren't enough shelves for my needs. Yes, I know, I have too many books. My wife agrees with you.

Nonetheless, I need to add some shelves. What is this type of support called? Anyone know a site that sells them? Local hardware store only had pin style supports.


- Brett
Attached Images   
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-17, 06:30 PM
Tolyn Ironhand's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 13,638
Received 210 Votes on 186 Posts
The track is called a shelf standard. The thing in your hand is a shelf support or shelf support clip or support clip.
Old 08-24-17, 07:23 PM
XSleeper's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 26,025
Received 679 Votes on 628 Posts
Old 08-24-17, 09:55 PM
Gunguy45's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 21,113
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
HD, Lowes, most chain hardware. My garage probably has a bin full....somewhere.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: