Interior Ceiling Help

Old 10-04-17, 08:24 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Interior Ceiling Help

Greetings,

I am refinishing a fixer upper. The house has an addition onto it, with a shed roof, with a sloped ceiling. The ceiling at the highest point is 7' and it slopes down. The drywall is screwed directly to rafters, not joists. And there is a beam running length wise, with two posts. Typical shed roof.

The drywall on the ceiling isn't finished particularly well. I'm wondering what you guys more experienced think it would look like if I fnished the drywall/wood in-between rafters. Typically how you see basements finished. .

This would allow accomplish two things.

1. It would be visually better looking then the current poorly finished drywall.
2. It would open up the room more.

Old 10-04-17, 09:53 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 383 Votes on 339 Posts
it would look like if I fnished the drywall/wood in-between rafters. Typically how you see basements finished.
I typically see basement finished with the drywall covering all the joists or a drop ceiling. Do you mean hanging drywall between the rafters ?? If so, where would the insulation go? If 7' is the highest point - what's the height of the lowest point?

Old 10-04-17, 07:34 PM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Any photos?
I think I am understanding it the same as marksr and it would be unusual and a lot of work. I am picturing an exposed beam ceiling but with rafters instead of beams.
Why not just replace the poorly done drywall with new?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: