Dog chewing!!

Old 02-16-18, 11:47 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Dog chewing!!

I'm trying to figure out the best way to fix my woodwork after my husky chewed up some edges. The location is where its got me; right underneath my front beams by the front door! Any suggestions?

Attached Images   
Old 02-16-18, 02:01 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
You could patch with any one of the various wood fillers but it will never be as strong as before - won't be able to withstand much abuse.
What is to prevent the dog from doing it again?

Old 02-16-18, 04:27 PM
Received 1,210 Upvotes on 1,098 Posts
Need to address the chewing but fixing that is easy, bondo, excellent for wood repair!

Old 02-16-18, 04:39 PM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
Was also going to suggest bondo. First drive in a couple screws or nails to give it something to bite onto. I would also drill a couple of holes so the bondo gets stuffed in the holes for additional bond strength. then slowly build it up with multiple coats. Do your initial shaping just before it sets up completely and you can knock down some of he heavy sanding it will take to make the repair seamless. Use a utility knife to do the initial shaping.

Old 02-17-18, 08:36 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Fortunately, the behavior has been fixed. This is probably 7 plus months old now and I just now am getting around to it. Lol. I will look into the Bondo; I've never dealt much with woodwork in the house. Done just about everything else since buying it but not much with wood. Thanks

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: