Pet screen for screened-in porch

Old 05-20-18, 03:47 PM
P
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 110 Upvotes on 103 Posts
Pet screen for screened-in porch

It's time to replace our 21 year old fiber screen. It's lasted a long time, but a young, part Maine Coon cat that we rescued is making the decision quicker for us. Does anyone have or know of effective pet resistant screens? We've looked at the Phifer pet screen brand on line but haven't gone to see it yet. It seems to have high reviews but what makes me nervous is that it is a vinyl coated polyester as opposed to metal screen. We'll need 48"W X 90" plus a little.

https://www.phifer.com/product/consu...istant-screen/

Old 05-21-18, 04:08 AM
Received 721 Upvotes on 640 Posts
I do re-screening at work. I highly recommend pet screen. However, the spline must be very tight. The only caveat is that pet screen has a slight perchance to pop out (as any screen will) more so than wire or cloth if hit straight on. Some people feel it makes a room darker. It may seem that way but my experience in my own house is that is does not block or dim natural lighting. Also in some screen frames you may not be able to get the pet screen as tight as cloth or wire. But that is OK and should not be problem. A little bit of looseness is OK.

Old 05-21-18, 02:28 PM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
Only used pet screen once to cover the inside of a wood louvered storm door. To me, it is like fiberglass embedded and it is something that you can't tear, you need a utility knife. I got mine from the hardware store (one that has a T and a V in the name). I'm fairly confident it will hold up better than the one we replaced that was full of tears and holes.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: