Drawer slide adjustment

Old 06-12-18, 10:19 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Drawer slide adjustment

Hello everyone,

I'm building my own tool chest/box/cabinet and on the big drawers, i'm using some full extension Accu-ride drawer slides. Of the seven drawers i have finished, i have one that refuses to close flush on both ends. The left side doesn't seem to want to close all the way. You can push it in, so there doesn't seem to be a restriction behind it, but it doesn't stay in.

I readjusted the slide and moved it forward to match the other side, as it was sitting a bit further back than the right side was, but that didn't help. This is my first time installing drawer slides and it seems to be going well other than this. Does anyone know of any further adjustments i can make?

Thanks,

Steve

Name:  IMG_9460.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  92.2 KB

Old 06-12-18, 10:24 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,921 Upvotes on 1,725 Posts
That likely means the frame the glide is mounted to is not square. If the front left corner sticks out, it probably means the rear of both drawer glides need to move farther right in order to square the drawer face up.

It's not an issue of adjusting the glide or moving it in or out. It could also mean your drawer is out of square.

Old 06-12-18, 10:24 AM
T
Interesting. I don't think i can move the back of the right-hand side rail further to the right, but i could probably move the front to the left, which would have the same effect, correct? Then i need to shim and move the rear of the left-hand slide to the right, or maybe start with that first to see if that fixes it?

Old 06-12-18, 10:37 AM
T
I just measured the inside of the cabinet. It's 29 and half at the front and 29 5/8 at the back. Maybe i'll try to shim out the slides. I just noticed the drawer underneath this one has the same tendency, just not as pronounced.

Old 06-14-18, 11:13 AM
T
Well, i mostly got it fixed by moving the rear or the drawers slides, so thank you for the tip. Hindsight tells me a should have built a brand new outer cabinet that was square from the start, rather than cable together what i did. It's been a learning process for sure.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: