Wainscoting and Baseboard heater

Old 01-14-19, 12:27 PM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wainscoting and Baseboard heater

I want to install wainscoting from one wall perpendicular to another wall. One wall has the standard 5 1/4 inch baseboard trim where the perpendicular wall has 8 1/4 inch baseboard heater trim. We are trying to decide what looks best. Do we make the boxes of wainscoting the same size height from wall to wall leaving the bottom gap considerably smaller over the heater, or do we shrink the box height size over the heater to maintain the same gap from wall to wall? Example, the gap below the boxes over the regular trim will be 3 1/2 inches where as if we were to maintain that same gap over the heaters the box size would decrease in height size. However if we were to maintain the box size from wall-to-wall the gap from the bottom of the boxes to the baseboard heaters would be approximately 1/4 to 1/2 inch. I hope that makes sense and I appreciate your input. Something tells me its going to be whenever we like looks better? Again thank you.

Old 01-14-19, 04:16 PM
Group Moderator
Received 787 Votes on 725 Posts
I think it might look best if you maintained 3 1/2" everywhere, even if it means your panels are different heights. But we can't see it... you can. I don't think it would look good for the bottom of the panels to be so close to the baseboard heaters.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: