Mildew, or something, removal

Old 08-13-17, 12:19 AM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Mildew, or something, removal

I have lived in my house for 3 summers and this year has brought a new issue that I've never seen before. Background, this house is in central Alabama where humidity is almost always high, not helped by the fact that we've had a lot of rainy days this season and the windows are always open due to the air conditioner not functioning. This season, there is what looks like a mildew type coating on almost everything in the house... the walls(pine), kitchen cabinets, anything wood, and even my leather couch. I can wipe it off, clean the surfaces, and within a couple days the stuff reappears again. Can anyone help me figure out how to get rid of this stuff please? Any suggestions is appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-17, 02:19 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 316 Votes on 280 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

While it can be washed off it will continue to return in a humid environment. Having a working HVAC helps a lot, so would a dehumidifier. Until then I'm afraid you are stuck cleaning it as needed.

Old 08-13-17, 03:39 AM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thank you, I hadn't thought about a dehumidifier for prevention. That makes sense so I'll have to get one for each end of the house. Thank you again.