Power wash garage woes?

Old 10-02-17, 08:19 AM
B
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Power wash garage woes?

Iam going to power wash my vinyl siding on my garage. Let me share what i have, I have a shed 2' from vinyl sided garage. 15 feet long shed. .The black and green mold tend to build up right there---- nowhere else on my garage. It needs a better cleaner to put on it OR any suggestions you may have on this. thank you much for reading this post spring and fall I have to clean the garage back corner. What am i missing here? thank you bob s

Old 10-02-17, 10:31 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,409 Votes on 1,304 Posts
Why is it a woe ?

Molds and algaes tend to form on the dark side of a structure where there is not enough sun to dry it.

The one side of my house facing East gets mold and mildew. I pre-rinse the side with water. Then I spray on bleach and a little soap mixture. I let it sit for 10 minutes and then pressure wash off. I need to do it every year.

Old 10-02-17, 10:53 AM
B
doesn't the bleach wash out the color of the vinyl? (tan}......the more you do it this way, seems like it would whiten up the siding ever after many times used.???/ bob s and thanks PJ MAX

No woe! my power washer has never been good at putting soap to it and expecting it to wash very good

Old 10-02-17, 02:44 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 383 Votes on 339 Posts
It's not like you are repeatedly putting large amounts of bleach on the siding. When I lived in fla [land of mildew] I washed my house every year but the north side needed it every 6 months if I had the time. My siding was aluminum but the bleach didn't affect the color. IMO the sun was more apt to fade the siding than cleaning with bleach.

Old 10-02-17, 03:14 PM
F
Received 36 Votes on 28 Posts
My previous house had vinyl siding. I would wet it down first and then soap it up with a solution of Simple Green mixed in about three gallons of water and maybe a 1/4 cup of bleach in a five-gallon bucket. Slop it on with a car wash brush, actually brushing the worst of the staining, and then rinse it off with the pressure washer. Always came out looking brand new.

Old 10-03-17, 06:35 AM
B
I genuinely want to thank you all for the great tips. i can use a few of them i think. My mind is on her electric range, now IT quit Sunday/

God those ovens have gotten costly! She deserves a good one she cooks all the time . good week to you all bob scharp/bob s

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: