Entranceway storage help

Old 10-02-16, 02:28 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Entranceway storage help

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to come up with some ideas for storage right when you walk into my home. We utilize our back door and there is not much room to store anything (shoes, coats, purses, etc). I want to add some additional storage but I have no idea where I can put it!

I have attached photos of the space. My biggest concern is where to put all of my shoes lol Name:  IMG_1222.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  24.2 KBName:  IMG_1223.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  17.6 KBName:  IMG_1224.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  24.7 KBName:  IMG_1225.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  27.9 KB.

Let me know your thoughts! Any and all help is appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-16, 02:31 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Except for coat hanging in the narrow knee wall area, I don't see any way to make any storage space there. What do you think would be ideal?

Old 10-02-16, 02:34 PM
C
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Boy, not much to work with is there....

Only thing I can think of for shoes would be to install one of those shoe racks designed for mounting to the back of a door, but install it on the wall over the ledge. They are designed to hold the shoes vertically so they wouldn't stick out too far (except high boots I guess).

Old 10-21-16, 10:12 AM
E
Yeah, trying to mount something over the door would be a good call, and you might want to try drilling a small rack in that wall off to the side (so long as it wouldn't get in the way of the door opening) to hold onto coats or shoes or something.

Old 11-06-16, 01:15 AM
Y
Yes, you can do both.
2 things to check first:
1. It seems that although it is a double door, you only use the right one, correct?
2. Also, I'm guessing from the pic that the thin ledge on the left really does not have a functional reason (like hiding pipes or wiring).
In that case, (and verify what's behind that ledge, my guess is that it is hollow) you can do a neat built in design, and have a coat/purse rack too.
For starters, find a neat set if doors for the built in shoe rack. You can go with the same finishing of the door and stairs, or choose something more subdued that will mimic the wall, and be painted in the same color. Cut a hole in the sheet rock accordingly. Finish all the interior sides and install rods just like in store-bought shoe racks. 20 mins. Max. For what I see in the picture you can make 3 rows of 6-8 shoes. Not bad. Invisible when doors are closed.
For the rack, just buy one that you like and make sure you attach to the studs. I could send you a sketch, but apparently I am too much of a newbie here, still not allowed to post pics...
(And, no, please don't just hung something from the door!)

Old 11-06-16, 08:50 PM
Y
I realized that the mobile version did not allow uploads, but desktop did :-)
There are all sort of clothes hangers, including some that look like a piece of art...
This is just an idea:
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  50.8 KB