DIY Upgrade to Tegui Intercom system

Old 07-19-19, 05:52 AM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question DIY Upgrade to Tegui Intercom system

Hello All,
My first post and probably not the last...!

We have an existing Tegui Intercom system at the gate to our Finca which is hardwired to a receiver in the main house. The problem is we are usually not in the house but out and about fixing, cleaning, gardening etc etc. I would like to be able upgrade the system so that the receiver sends a signal to our cell phone when someone arrives at the gate. Don't mistake me for being cheap, I just hate to throw things away and I enjoy playing around with these sorts of things.

So my questions is, can I replace the receiver with a gadget that sends a signal to our cell phone?

Alternatively, I have looked into several WiFi doorbells, some of which are really cheap, some of which are really expensive. I'd also be interested in suggestions for a complete upgrade to the system, criteria would be that the new doorbell is not battery operated and somewhere between cheap and expensive. ;-) Video camera is also not really necessary.

Looking forward to your advice! Cheers.

Moderator note: member location - Spain.

Last edited by PJmax; 07-19-19 at 11:20 PM.
Old 07-19-19, 06:52 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,153 Upvotes on 1,928 Posts
Have you looked at Dakota Alert to see if some of their systems will do what you want?

Old 07-19-19, 11:19 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
In order to dial your cellular phone...... the system needs to be compatible with your provider over there in Spain. The system you will need will require its own cellular account. So keep that in mind.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: