Google Chrome is an energy hog?

Old 08-16-16, 12:14 PM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 3 Upvotes on 1 Post
Google Chrome is an energy hog?

I got a pop-up message on my HP/Win10 laptop computer saying that if I switch to the newest Microsoft/Windows explorer instead of Chrome, I'd get 30% more battery life.

Is there any truth in this?

I switched from IE to Chrome after I saw how quickly IE bailed on my old XP machine. I'm kinda getting used to Chrome now, and don't care to switch back.

Old 08-16-16, 12:17 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,263 Upvotes on 1,204 Posts
I do often find Chrome taking a lot of resources on my PC but too many websites don't work with IE for it to be my only choice.

Old 08-16-16, 02:23 PM
D
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Louuuuu, let's get the terminology straight. Windows Explorer is NOT the same as Internet Explorer. Secondly, IE on XP is different from IE on Win 10. My question would be, from where did that alert originate? It sound like MS is snooping, in your PC. Don't trust them. Disable telemetry.

To compare the resources, of each, open the task manager. All browsers are hogs. Personally, I don't trust either IE or Chrome. Both of them are spyware.

Old 08-19-16, 02:01 PM
M
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
I do often find Chrome taking a lot of resources on my PC but too many websites don't work with IE for it to be my only choice.
What kind of web safety find it will not work with the new version of IE? I haven't found any yet that don't

Old 08-22-16, 07:51 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,263 Upvotes on 1,204 Posts
What kind of web safety find it will not work with the new version of IE? I haven't found any yet that don't
What? I'm sorry but I cannot follow your question.

If you're asking about specific sites, I cannot log into the Lego website with IE 11, I cannot order from Pizza Hut with IE 11 and many of Microsoft's own troubleshooting sites which I need to view at work do not work properly in IE 11.

Old 08-22-16, 02:09 PM
D
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I cannot order from Pizza Hut with IE 11
That could be a blessing in disguise even if you aren't Italian.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: