Trojan.Agent/Gen Dropper ??

Old 09-29-16, 11:05 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Trojan.Agent/Gen Dropper ??

My laptop has gotten very slow lately. I ran the Superantispy software and it detected a few bad files and Adware cookies in addition to this Trojan Agent/ Gen Dropper virus. Supposedly, it was removed. But I do not see much improvement on the performance. When I enter the name of this virus and try to Google it, I get diverted to the CenturyLink page every time !! Does that mean CenturyLink has something to do with implanting it on my machine ?? If I try to google it on another laptop, I get normal info without diversion. My CPU usage is very high when no programs are running. When I try to search for anything using Google, I can see on the bottom left corner so many web addresses etc flash before I get to what I want. Is there a sure free tool to get rid of these threats ? Many thanks

Old 09-30-16, 01:52 AM
H
Normally I do suggest Super Anti spyware on the computer as a good malware detector but it could be something was left behind. I do suggest running Malwarebytes too that you can download here https://www.malwarebytes.com/ . After you run the free scan from the free version of Malwarebytes I suggest you clear your browser completely of all extensions and history in Firefox look for the square with the lines. Now look for the question mark and look for Trouble Shooting Information and click on Refresh Firefox.

I also like Windows Defender as it seems to do a good job at detecting things and keeping them from harming your computer. If you have Windows 10 it is installed by default. Since you had malware on your system I also suggest doing a full scan with Windows Defender when you have the time. Usually a full scan takes about an hour or longer with Defender but it is worth it.

Old 09-30-16, 02:27 AM
Received 42 Upvotes on 41 Posts
What anti virus are you using? I use Avast free, it has a boot time scan that can get rid of hard to remove virus. No antivirus or malware removal is 100%. I usually end up using several. I have also found sometimes there is a problem with Win7 up date that hogs CPU and memory

Old 09-30-16, 05:55 PM
D
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Hedgeclippers is correct. Something was left behind. If all else fails, download & run Hijack This. Post the output here & I'll tell you what to delete.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: