How can i print multiple photos on one page, arranged in a particular order?

Old 03-25-17, 09:44 PM
T
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
How can i print multiple photos on one page, arranged in a particular order?

I've spent an hour searching google trying to find a simple solution. I just want to select multiple photos, and have them print in the order i want them to.

The default Windows photo printer would work, but it wont allow me to change the order that they print on the page. I've been reading old threads that suggest using Gimp scripts and Picasa, and ive been trying them for an hour and cant get anything to work.

Surely there is some program where i can just select multiple photos, print preview, change the arrangement if necessary, and print.

Old 03-25-17, 11:33 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
It seems you could just use an office program and insert the image into a place on the page in the order you want. In Libreoffice Writer you can drag images where you want them once you have used Insert to put them on the page. I would guess whatever office program you have works the same way.

The same could be done in Gimp no script needed. Create a blank image the size of the page to be printed then just use Open As Layers in the File menu to put your images on the page. They can then be dragged where you want after selecting Move Image (shortcut "m"). As long as you don't merge the images (ctrl+m) you could move them after printing.

Old 03-26-17, 12:55 AM
T
Thanks ray, i think that will do it. Surprised there isn't a more straightforward way to accomplish it, but this works.

In case anyone runs across this thread, i had to change an option to make it work better. When i "opened as layers", i could move each picture around on the page, but if i used the scale tool, it would only work on the first image, which was the only one with a dashed outline. Had to go to edit>preferences>tool options, then put a check on "Move tool: Set layer or path as active". After doing this i could click on each picture, and the dashed outline would move to that one, and then i could scale it as necessary.

Also, when you select new image, there is an A4 option in the template dropdown that automatically makes it the size of a piece of paper.

Old 03-28-17, 07:48 PM
H
Received 296 Upvotes on 254 Posts
Copy the photos you want to print to a new sub-directory, rename them "1" "2" "3" "4" etc
That should make Windows Photo print print them in that order.

Old 03-28-17, 08:29 PM
T
Thx hal_5, ill give that a try.

What worked best was downloading Picasa, it has an option to make a collage, and it prints the photos out however you arrange them, and scales them automatically to fit the page.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: