Trying to set up two-step password for Gmail on my Balckberry 10.

Old 05-09-17, 04:07 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Trying to set up two-step password for Gmail on my Balckberry 10.

When the Google Docs attack happened last week, I got a full screen notification from Google telling me my gmail passwords had been cancelled on both my desktop and my Blackberry, and I needed to change to the two step password system on both devices to continues to use gmail. I managed to get it done on my desktop, but it seems impossible to complete on my BlackBerry.

When I send a one-time password via Text Msg from my desktop to my Blackberry, I get a notification page on my Blackberry into which the code must be inserted, but I have to close that page to get the code from my Text App. So then I have the code, but can't recover the page into which I must put this code.

It has become a closed loop. Anyone have any ideas??

Thanks,

Alwayssomethin

Last edited by Zorfdt; 05-10-17 at 09:59 AM. Reason: spell corrected title
Old 05-09-17, 04:48 PM
T
You can generate disposable "backup" codes from within your google account on the computer (or any device smarter than a Blackberry lol!).

Go to myaccount.google.com, then click Signin and Security, then go to Signing Into Google, then 2-Step Verification, then there will be a section called Backup Codes. Click Generate Codes, and it will give you 10 of them. You should print them out and stick them in your wallet. Each one can be used once for any 2-Step prompt from your account on any device. Your situation is exactly what they are for. Cross them off as you use them (they are a different format from the G- codes, so you will never get one on your list as a text). Once you've used them all up, you can generate more. If you say lose your wallet/the list, you can kill the current list and generate a new one.

Old 05-12-17, 07:52 AM
A
Thank you taz450;

It worked! people like you keep people like me from getting PTSD. Computers require deadly accuracy with not a decimal nor a period out of place. When you are missing a complete step...well..your chances of ever successfully completing even a simple set of commands, nil to non- existent. I have been fighting with this problem for two weeks, and was unable to find any help among my equally digitally challenged friends, and Google Tech Help was of course, worse than useless. Stress goned in an instant! Thank youv for willing to share youyr valuable skills with us total strangers in distress!

Alwaysomethin...

Old 05-16-17, 11:19 AM
A
Thumbs up I Need to hook up my gmail to Windows Live Mail

Great! You got my Blackberry hooked up to my gmail: can you help me get my gmail to cone into my desk top Windows Live Mail? I lost all these connections due to a "Social Hack" on a not-for-profit Charity organization of which I am the Chairperson. Fortunately, the bandits were unable to access our Bank Account, but they devastated my gmail and other accounts. If you can help me get my Live ail working I would be just about set to go again ! Thanks for your help!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: