Epson All in One Questions

Old 06-08-17, 03:15 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Epson All in One Questions

Hi I just fairly recently bought an Epson All in one printer here is a link to it on Amazon.com https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1. As most of you know from experience from these there is very little information included with the printer.

There is an online guide which I haven't had time to go through and haven't always felt like it. So I am asking for advice here so that I might save some time. First question can you print to this printer over the internet if you are somewhere else? Second question so far from just observing this never seems to turn off once on like some other printers do, am I correct in assuming that?

Any hints or tips you can give me that are not in an online manual? I already have the printer set up for wifi and I have printed from my Ipad so I know that I can use my wireless network for printing. I think though I might need some software on my laptop in order to print from that. Since I have Windows 10 I will look on the app store for that. Thank you for your help!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-17, 03:20 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,193 Votes on 1,104 Posts
On mine.... the blue light always stays on but the display goes out. That's called the sleep mode.

You'd need to remotely connect to your home computer to print using something like Log Me In. Some type of remote connection program.

Old 06-08-17, 03:38 PM
H
Thanks Peter for your response this all in one printer is completely new to me, I appreciate your help.

Old 06-08-17, 05:38 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,193 Votes on 1,104 Posts
I bought it for my mom. I'm done with ink jet printers.

As an aside..... listen to that machine when it starts up. It grunts, groans, clicks and makes all kinds of noises for a minute or so.

Wait to you change an ink cartridge. It does that same routine for 2-3 minutes. It literally sounds like it's tearing it self apart.

Old 06-09-17, 02:19 AM
H
I agree Peter it is noisy but I bought it because I wanted to replace a very old fax machine. I don't send many faxes but I did like the other features too such as the copy feature which is very handy. I also like the wifi feature which was supposed to be on my old Lexmark printer. I don't like the small ink cartridges on my new printer so for the majority of big print jobs I will continue to use my old Lexmark until it dies.