Home Network Puzzle

Old 09-17-17, 11:43 AM
Received 9 Upvotes on 9 Posts
Home Network Puzzle

In my home network I have an Asus Laptop with Windows 8.1, a Desktop PC with XP Home and a Printer (all wireless). No problem with them, can copy files from one to another and print with either one.

Recently I added a new Lenovo wireless Laptop with Windows 10 (creators update) . I can connect to the Internet with it and I can Print and although on the file explorer I can see at the bottom under networks the Asus and Desktop PC’s when I try to access the Asus or Desktop a window pops up and says “Enter Network Credentials” and the correct user name is already shown but I have to enter my password. When I do so it says “user name or password in incorrect”. That’s impossible because I know my password and I think it must be a config setting on Windows 10 which I miss.

Any idea what I miss?

Old 09-17-17, 04:51 PM
D
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
When you want to access the Asus, enter the user name & the password for that machine. The same goes for the desktop.

Old 09-17-17, 08:18 PM
Received 9 Upvotes on 9 Posts
The home network is working thru a wireless modem supplied by my provider and the provider also gave me a username & password which I changed years ago. This username / password are working to access the Asus and Desktop but are not working on the Lenovo which has Windows 10. It must be a setting on the Windows 10 which I don’t know.

As I mentioned the Lenovo access the Internet and printer but it asks for a password to allow me to access the other 2 PC’s which I don’t know. The username is shown on the window which asks me to put the password and is the same username I use.

Old 09-18-17, 04:49 AM
D
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
We are talking about local passwords for local drives. If you don't know what they are, reset them on each machine. Make sure the drives are shared & mapped.

Old 09-18-17, 07:40 AM
Received 79 Upvotes on 69 Posts
In addition to the other suggestions, on the Lenovo laptop, open Network and Sharing Center and make sure your wireless network is Private and not Public. If Public, change it to Private.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: