ECS H87H3-WM Ver1
16Gb DDR3 1600
Evga GTX 1050Ti GPU
WD100000 SATA 7200RPM
Seagate 1TB SATA 7200RPM
Corsair CX750M
Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1
Comodo antivirus/firewall

These are the specs for the machine I am having problems with. I started having problems with all the browsers that were installed on my machine ... IE ... FF ... Chrome. I thought maybe I was having problems with the memory, so I tried replacing them. They didn't work in the mobo I had so I replace it. After replacing the mobo I did a clean install of the OS.

I hadn't even started on reinstalling my software when the browsers started doing the same thing. I ran all kinds of antivirus and adware software ... malwarebytes ... adware malwarebytes ... superantispyware pro. Nothing that help with the browsers. I ran test on the CPU with a program call hot cpu test and prime95. CPU test good.

Check to see if anything was running to cause a problem in the task manager ... nothing to report. Tweaked the start up ... disabling anything that wasn't needed during start up. Memory is new and tested good. Tried so many different things, can't think of them all.

The browsers will work for a time, then they will stop responding. I only have IE and FF install now, and both stops responding after browsing for a while. IE will play youtube videos, but FF will not, it will stop responding when I try to open a video.

I can sometimes get them to respond again if I open a new tab and close the one that has stopped responding. It may or may not work, then I would have to close the browser and reopen it again. IE usually tells me the browser has stop responding and will reload the page. Sometimes it will work, sometimes not.

This one is a real head scratcher ... Doing a clean install should have solved the problem. Browser expert most likely needed. Thank for reading my post.

Old 10-10-17, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator
Received 84 Upvotes on 76 Posts
Everyone's having this issue I believe. There is an update through Microsoft.. I believe this is a patch for what you are experiencing.. I just received the update as we speak through a splash screen ..

Old 10-10-17, 02:32 PM
Super Moderator
• 2017-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4041676)

Old 10-11-17, 09:25 AM
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Arrow Wrong OS

Do you know of a update for Win7 to correct this problem?

Old 10-11-17, 10:08 AM
Super Moderator
Try this 1.

1) Click on Start --> In search box, type cmd --> Then "CMD" will be displayed in the search --> Now right-click on "CMD" ---> Select "Run as administrator".

2) Now enter this command

netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt

Press "Enter".

3) Reboot your computer

Old 10-11-17, 10:11 AM
Super Moderator
Adobe Flash Player is the major reason which would usually cause browser working stick or fail to respond error. Therefore, it would be quite helpful to disable Adobe Flash Player to fix browsers not responding error. You may follow below steps to disable or stop Adobe Flash Player now:

Open internet browser such as Microsoft Edge;
Open the three-dotted menu, go to Settings;
Click on Advanced Settings > Uncheck Use Adobe Flash Player option;
Restart internet browser again.

Old 10-11-17, 10:18 AM
Super Moderator
Old 10-11-17, 04:50 PM
Thank you for the link to that video ... although I didn't use the information, it led me to this video ....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHmnLNl4PEA
That had a link to software that solve the problem. I was able to play a youtube video on firefox which I was unable to do before. Thank you so much.

Old 10-11-17, 04:57 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I would consider changing your antivirus too as I have had problems with different brands. Best to stick to the free versions, I use windows defender and back it up with a malware scanner which is also a free version. All paid versions I have ever used I have trouble with.

Old 10-13-17, 08:21 AM
Arrow

The comodo I have is the free version. I have it installed on all my window computers. It seem to do okay.

Old 10-13-17, 09:33 AM
D
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You listed both WD & Seagate hard drives. Which one holds the OS? Did you format it before you did the clean install?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: