Locked-out from Facebook

Old 10-27-19, 12:48 PM
Received 9 Upvotes on 9 Posts
Locked-out from Facebook

I had an account with FB since 2013 which hardly used it except on a few occasions when I wanted to find out what’s going on in my community.

I always used my laptop to access FB and since I have 3 email addresses I used email#1 with FB but in the last 6-8 months I was locked out because they were asking for my smart phone number to confirm my ID. Finally I gave in and provided my number and they text me a code which I used it as instructed and the reply was “we will let you know...” and that was 5 days ago. BTW they also asked me to send me my picture which I did.

Then I notice on FB they had a tab “create a new account”. So I used my email#2 to create a new account, gave the same phone number, they text me a new code which I used again to create the new account and that was 3 days ago.

Now when I go to FB I see in the login screen both email#1 and #2; clicking on email#1 it says “the account is locked” and clicking on email#2 it says “account is not valid”.

I have found no way to communicate with FB to ask what’s going on.

Any ideas how to contact FB or what to do next?

Old 10-27-19, 01:08 PM
J
Received 515 Upvotes on 420 Posts
I have never given FB a phone number or a picture.

Old 10-27-19, 01:13 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,910 Upvotes on 1,716 Posts
Old 10-27-19, 02:23 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,952 Upvotes on 3,545 Posts
It looks just like Amazon...... it could take days to actually find a "contact us" email address.
They push most inquiries over to their "Help Community".

Old 10-27-19, 02:51 PM
I didnt want to give my phone number either but on the Internet it says that FB it does that to assure that each person has only one account and it is legit (not made by robots).

Then tried the FB help (I cant log in to FB), input my emails address one at a time and it says either "Account has been disabled" or "Search didnt returned any results". Great! thats an excellent HELP FB.

Nothing else to do but wait, I guess..

Old 10-27-19, 03:24 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,910 Upvotes on 1,716 Posts
From their help page:

What can I do if my account has been disabled?

If you think your account was disabled by mistake, please use this form to request a review.

Keep in mind that in some cases we may not issue a warning before disabling your account. We can't restore accounts that were disabled for severe violations of the Facebook Community Standards.

kolias voted this post useful.
Old 10-27-19, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator
Received 391 Upvotes on 319 Posts
They never asked me for a phone number or picture either. If they didn't have your phone number before you were locked out, then it wouldn't do any good at that point. They probably asked for it in case that was your extra ID. You need to give them at least two emails or an email and a mobile phone number or a picture. Then any of these could be used as proof that it's you.
They obviously only had one email on file for you, no number and no pic, and so sending them this AFTER you were locked out, did no good, which is why they're not getting back to you.
You also could have picked 3 trusted friends that could email you a code to get back in.
Maybe X's link will help at this point.

kolias voted this post useful.
Old 10-27-19, 04:07 PM
I will give them a few extra days before I complete this form Xsleeper, thanks.

Shadeladie since 2013 they had my email#1 + 1 of my photo and never had a problem until they locked me out and asked for my smart phone number.

Old 10-27-19, 04:20 PM
J
Received 515 Upvotes on 420 Posts
it says that FB it does that to assure that each person has only one account
If that is true then you blew it by giving the same phone number on both accounts.
FB and other sites sometimes asks for my number I just close the window. I don't have one to give them.

Old 10-31-19, 07:26 AM
“Xsleeper:From their help page:

What can I do if my account has been disabled?

If you think your account was disabled by mistake, please use this form to request a review.

Keep in mind that in some cases we may not issue a warning before disabling your account. We can't restore accounts that were disabled for severe violations of the Facebook Community Standards “

I guess I must be blacklisted with FB because I sent the “use this form to request a review” last Tuesday and never got a reply. Tring to go to FB Community Std’s or Forums I can only find pages from FB which I must login or create an account but since they all are from FB I can’t login and don’t want to create “another” account.

I don’t know if I did anything wrong with FB but I assume they must have ways to find out who I am and let me know what I did wrong so I can correct it. Although I have no real need to access FB, it’s upsetting the way it turned out and have no way to speak with someone to find out the reason(s).

Old 10-31-19, 08:48 AM
Super Moderator
If you only sent in that form a couple of days ago, I'd think you should give it a while longer. Might take a couple of weeks till they get back to you.

Sounds like you forgot your password originally and had no other form of ID listed with them. Sending in a phone number after the fact would do no good if they didn't have it on file to begin with. Like Joed said, when you used it again to create a new account, the new account was not valid.

I have two accounts and was not asked for my phone # for either of them. The newest one I just created recently.

Any rate, I'd give them more time to get back to you.

Old 10-31-19, 12:03 PM
No problem to give it more time....

I can’t say that I’m an expert of FB but all I know back in 2013 when I first open my account with them I gave my email, password and then I put my picture on my page. All was fine for years although I hardly used FB until a couple of months ago when I went to login I couldn’t because they were asking for my mobile number. I waited for a few weeks (months?) and finally gave in. They text me a code which I used as per their instructions but since then my account has been blocked. Perhaps I did something wrong but I don’t know what and I find it very strange.

I’m surprised Shadeladie you say that you have 2 accounts and they never asked you about any phone number

Old 10-31-19, 12:48 PM
Super Moderator
Nope, I only gave another email address. Was never asked for a phone number.

I wonder if all this happened due to inactivity for a long time. Maybe to prevent hackers from taking over someone's account.

I'd just give it more time for now. I don't see why they wouldn't get back to you.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: