How to Contact Facebook Support?

Old 03-21-24, 04:52 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,272 Upvotes on 2,024 Posts
How to Contact Facebook Support?

How can I contact Facebook tech support?

Yesterday I placed an add on two local Facebook marketplace groups for a lawnmower I am selling. I never received a notification that my upload was complete and I have never been able to find my posts. I am receiving messenger posts from people about the posts so others can view it. I have looked through both groups and cannot find my posts. I have searched by my name and by the title of my post and the it does not appear though previous items I have sold do show up.

Old 03-21-24, 05:49 AM
D
Group Moderator
Received 281 Upvotes on 222 Posts
In my experience, FB Member Services (tech support) etc, is non-existent. Even when you can find some remote avenue to contact FB, they never respond. They expect you to use Help/FAQ section to get your issue resolved.
I think there is a place somewhere that is kinda like a forum that someone/volunteers/enthusiasts have set up where you can get help from general knowledge people/members. Otherwise, you're outta luck AFAIK.
I seriously doubt, anything in the above will get your issue resolved, although I do hope someone here can give you some advice. I think Shadeladie knows a little about that FB stuff.

Old 03-21-24, 06:13 AM
P
Group Moderator
I forgot to add that my wife, logged in on her account, saw my listing in her feed but by the time she got me to come look Facebook updated the page and it disappeared. She is also unable to find my listing with various search methods. Still, others are somehow seeing it.

Old 03-21-24, 07:20 AM
Super Moderator
Received 403 Upvotes on 330 Posts
That's odd. Afraid I'm not able to help with this one. I haven't placed any ads in some time, so nothing I can actually check. If you go up to your account button at the top right and click on Help and Support, there's a "Report a Problem" tab you can click on. That's the only way I'm finding to contact them. Don't understand why one of the world's richest men can't afford to pay an actual real support department that can accept real contacts. Mind boggling.
Have you tried clearing your cache? Don't know if that would actually help but worth a try.

Old 03-21-24, 07:40 AM
P
Group Moderator
Thank you for the help. I have tried clearing my web histories and caches. Tried searching on four computers at two different physical locations each having a different type of Internet access, two cell phones and two different Facebook accounts.

Old 03-21-24, 08:33 AM
Super Moderator
The only other thing I could find is that your listing was flagged for spam and is waiting for approval. Although why some can see it is confusing. Do you know anyone else that can check to see if they can see it besides your wife?

Old 03-21-24, 09:47 AM
P
Group Moderator
Many others were seeing it. I've had more than a dozen people send Facebook messages about it. Then late this morning I tried again and I was able to find it and I left it on my screen. 5 minutes later I refreshed and it was gone again and all the Facebook Messenger messages associated with it were gone as well. I assume someone in tech support saw my submission about the problem and just erased everything. I am surprised that there was no contact or explanation.

Old 03-21-24, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator
Wow, that's all really strange. Don't understand why they don't respond back. I'd probably just wait a day or two and try listing it again. Maybe that one will be normal.

Old 03-21-24, 11:03 AM
P
Group Moderator
I just sold the mower so it's a moot point. Of course I'm not happy with the difficulty finding support for a Facebook issue. And, I'm glad there wasn't anything too important in the messages that disappeared.

Old 03-21-24, 04:51 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,281 Upvotes on 1,219 Posts
I tried to contact FB support for an issue my daughter was having. After much trouble, I found a phone number ad called it. The automated message told me to press some number for support, which I did. I was met with another message saying FB offers no support.

Old 03-22-24, 05:38 AM
J
Received 521 Upvotes on 426 Posts
You should be able to see the ad by clicking "marketplace", then in the menu on the left click "selling". That should show all you ads.

Old 03-22-24, 07:00 AM
P
Group Moderator
That is one of the odd things. In Marketplace "selling" something I sold two years ago is there but not my current listing. I also searched by my username and add title and it still didn't come up. And the new add was visible to my wife for a while... then it disappeared. Then yesterday the Messenger messages I received relating to the current add disappeared.

Old 03-22-24, 04:46 PM
D
Group Moderator
Received 281 Upvotes on 222 Posts
I think it's the Russians.... No, wait, maybe its the Chinese.. no, I think its Mark........

Speaking of
one of the world's richest men can't afford to pay an actual real support
He just bought himself a $300 million - 287 ft Yacht......
​​​​​​​https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyl...oot-superyacht

Old 03-22-24, 08:24 PM
J
Received 521 Upvotes on 426 Posts
Sounds like someone may have "reported" your ad and facebook pulled it. I don't know if you get notified when they do that.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: